It should be easy to set standards for sustainability in public procurement. It must be as easy for both the contracting organization and the tenderer to understand and handle sustainability requirements.
The tender portal has been developed together with public procurers and specialists in procurement law. The result is a portal for the public procurer that makes it easy for tenderers to submit a sustainability report.
The tender portal is delivered in collaboration with 3HF Response (ansvarsfullt.se).
Challenges to include sustainability in public procurement
- How to include sustainability in your procurement?
- It is perceived as challenging to define sustainability
- Compliance with requirements for documentation and traceability
- Checking qualification requirements and evaluating tenders is perceived as particularly difficult
- Perceived as expensive, cumbersome, and time-consuming
- Risk of exclusion
The tender portal will make it easier to make demands on sustainability.
- You get a clear definition of sustainability
- You receive sustainability reports – standardized documentation
- The documentation makes the tenders comparable
- All documentation is handled cloud-based and saved digitally
- It’s easy, fast, and cost-effective
- Including sustainability, requirements can also provide competitive advantages for many small and medium-sized enterprises
UN Sustainable Development Goals and sustainable procurement
Municipalities have a crucial role in implementing UN Sustainable Development Goals and its objectives,
as they are closest to residents, local businesses, and civil society organizations. Procurement is a powerful tool for sustainable development mentioned in the sub-goals (12.7).
In about nine years (2030), the Sustainable Development Goals should be implemented, but there is still a long way to go.
With the help of the procurement portal, you, as a buyer, get a simple but powerful tool that helps you include and set sustainability requirements in your procurement.